The Transportation Security Administration hires individuals to serve as officers in areas of transit. TSA officers are responsible for safeguarding airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems.
Some of their job activities include:
- Discover and stop emerging transportation security threats, utilizing state of the art technology
- Educate and provide friendly customer service to travelers
- Screen passengers and gather intelligence
- Coordinate security involving aviation, rail, and other surface and maritime transportation
- Oversee most transportation-related responsibilities of the federal government during a national emergency
In order to perform the job candidates must be able to: